Summer is here and it’s time to take a look around your home in Blue Bell PA (or wherever you are!) to see what, if any, preventative maintenance is needed. With this checklist and a couple of weekends you’ll feel secure knowing that your home is being well-maintained. This is not only important for while you’re living in your home, but also will easy the burden for when the time comes to sell.
6 Tips To Maintaining Your Home
- A yearly inspection of your HVAC system should keep air flowing nicely through your home, at the temperature you prefer. You can do this yourself or hire a local Montgomery County PA professional to make it easy. At the very least, change the air filter (this really should be done monthly).
- Evaluate the siding, particularly if it is wood, on your home. Repair any that has been exposed to moisture before it becomes a larger issue.
- Check the slant and grade of the ground around your home. It should flow away from the foundation, not towards it, to avoid flooding and puddles during storms.
- Consider pruning plants and determining the health of large trees to avoid future problems.
- Review your roof, attic, crawl space, basement, and fireplace chimney, making sure all pieces and parts are securely attached to avoid leaks and further damage.
- Put a fresh coat of paint on outdoor trim that is starting to crack and peel.
Checking over these areas in your home and making any necessary repairs will allow to enjoy your weekends more this summer and take advantage of any available sunshine! If you’re thinking about selling your home, please give me a call at 215-327-9097 as I’d be happy to help you evaluate any items that may need updating prior to listing your home in Blue Bell PA. Enjoy the warm weather!
PS – please visit my Facebook page to find more helpful tips and fun ideas on all things house and home!