Mother’s Day is just around the corner and if you want to find the perfect gift for your Mom or wife this year, it’s time to start thinking (and be sure to avoid buying something useful for your home)! The list below outlines some traditional gifts, but if you are really adventurous, consider checking her Pinterest account for more personalized ideas of what appeals to the woman in your life.
Moms everywhere are moved by personalized jewelry and lockets, memory keepers, and photos of their children. That’s not to say that a trip to the spa or a get-away wouldn’t be gratefully received, but when a mother has to coordinate the care of small children to use the gift, it can be difficult, so make sure you plan those details along with the gift.
If a trip away from your home isn’t possible, bring treatments direct to the Mom in your life with a collection of pampering lotions, skin care or makeup collections. Or, try a virtual vacation of sorts, and purchase an e-reader or tablet for the special Mother in your life. If your Mom already has one that she uses, then consider a gift card to Amazon or iTunes or a similar service where books are available for instant download, providing a chance for quick escape from life’s daily cares which staying physically inside your home.
Gifts to Bring a Smile To Your Mom (and Your Home):
- Thoughtful Note of Gratitude (include with a gift below for best results)
- Personalized Jewelry (lockets, engraved charms, birthstones, etc.)
- Personalized Gifts Featuring Her Children (large laughing photos, artsy representations, framed art created by the kids)
- Get-Aways (that she doesn’t have to coordinate)
- Tickets to Experience Life (theatre, gourmet cooking class, hang gliding, yoga – search sites like Groupon for ideas)
- Gift Cards (to services or shops she wants to patronize)
- E-Reader or Tablet Device (working and loaded, ready to go)
- Spa Services to a Local Favorite (manicure & pedicure, massage, wraps, etc.)
- Beautiful Flowers (everyone can appreciate a little vibrancy)
- Chocolate (but be careful not to sabotage known fitness plans)